One of the most important things to give your dog is exercise. Some benefits of exercising your dog are:
– Improving their physical health
– Improving their mental health
– Great for keeping them in a healthy weight range
– Great for keeping the owner in shape
– Regular exercise helps you and your dog form a strong bond
– Helps prevent some behaviour problems
– Helps your pooch (and you) get a good nights sleep
Some breeds need more exercise than others. If you are in doubt of how much exercise your dog needs, ask your vet for some guidelines.
It’s also important to remember that you need to be careful when exercising your dog in warmer weather as heat stroke can be a problem.
Most importantly of all…Exercise is FUN!
Picture by Peter Charlesworth